Client Testimonials & Reviews
We are honored to be among Omaha and Lincoln’s top wedding and event caterers.
Check out some of awards and recognition as well as former client testimonials to see what others are saying about Attitude on Food.
· Ace Award Winner 2014
· The Knot “Best of Weddings” Nebraska winner 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
· The Knot “Hall Of Fame” 2014
· Omaha Magazine “Best Caterer” Winners Circle 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2014
· BBB Omaha 10 year Bronze Award
· The “David Peake, Peake of Excellence Award”- Awarded to Melissa Tibben in 2013
· NACE “Forks in Paradise” Chef’s Market Basket Competition, 2nd place 2010
· NACE “Cork the Fork” Chef’s market basket competition, 2nd place, 2011
· Owner Nathan Newhouse named a winner of the Midland’s Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Award honoring 40 entrepreneurs, executives, and business professionals
· Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice Award winner 2009 & 2014
· Visiting Nurses Association Art and Soup – 1st Place People’s Choice & 3rd Place Judges Choice in 2013
· Chef Newhouse awarded Chef Mentor of the Year for Nebraska
· Ace Award Finalist 2012
· Taste of the Nation, fundraiser for childhood hunger “Cooking Competition” 2005, 2006, 2007
· March of Dimes Fundraiser – 2007 & 2009
· Holy Name Annual Fundraiser: recognized for charitable contribution to event from 2006-2014
Probably one of the most compelling reasons I work with Nathan so frequently is the creativity in his menu offerings and his ability to create menus for special occasions.
The number two reason I use Attitude on Food consistently is the professionalism and reliability of his staff. Nathan has top notch staff that is ably equipped to carry out our often unusual requests, and is always able to think on their feet with last minute things that occur in events.
I enjoy working with Nathan and his staff and that we have built a relationship of trust and I know I can always count on them to come through to the best of their ability at every event.Scoular Company, Director of Events
We at the University of Nebraska Foundation have called upon Attitude on Food (AOF) for the majority of our
catering needs throughout the past two and a half years. In 2011 alone, AOF produced more than 35 events for the
Foundation, 15 of which had attendance of more than 250 guests.
Chef Nathan Newhouse and director of operations Melissa Tibben not only continuously exceed our expectations with fantastic food, creative ideas and unparalleled service, but also manage a fantastic team who has an obvious passion for their industry.
Passion like theirs keeps clients like us coming back for more – and often. I, without a doubt or hesitation, recommend Attitude on Food.Director of Events, University of Nebraska Foundation
Nathan Newhouse is not only a fantastic chef he was a lifesaver for the day before the wedding. On June 27 2008, a terrible storm ripped through Omaha with devastating winds! The Wedding reception was to be at the at the Lauritzen gardens. As we were just finishing rehearsal dinner I received a call from Lauritzen garden staff and was informed that the winds damaged the gardens severely, and the venue was without power.
I called and spoke with Nathan regarding the unfortunate events. Luckily, Nathan had a contract with the Paxton and was able to switch the venue. He saved one of the most important days of our life.
Nathan went above and beyond duty to take care of his client! The wedding reception went perfectly and the food was excellent!Aaron & Tram Pribil
The whole evening was fantastic! The food was outstanding and was presented so well.
I loved the experience. Thank you so much.Jan and Larry Novicki
It has been a pleasure working with you over the past year. From the initial telephone conversation regarding our events, you listened to all of our ideas, expectations, and needs and worked through all of them.
From our Award Ceremony held in June, our Holiday Party and recent Employee Recognition Luncheon in December, you surpassed our every expectation. The food at each of the events was divine and provided the variety we wanted.
Your opinions while we worked on our event layouts were instrumental to their successes. During the events, your staff, as well as yourself, were all very approachable, professional, and open to suggestions. Not to mention your staff’s initiative and willingness to help is to be commended.
I am looking forward to working with you in the near future!Executive Assistant to the General Manager, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Omaha Reservation Center